Our full-time wound care nurse performs wound care at Brightmoor Nursing Center works under the guidance of our Wound Care Nurse Practitioner. Provides direct and indirect patient care in the acute care setting. Nurses communicates with physicians/director/charge nurse/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Wound Nurse are able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
Wound Care Nurses are responsible for:
* Coordinating care across the continuum of care
* Providing education to patients, family, and nursing
staff about preventive measures or techniques to
optimize wound healing.
* Implementing plans to prevent pressure ulcers and
other wound developments.
* Leading performance improvement projects that
successfully reduce the percentage of patients who
develop pressure ulcers and wound complications.
Developing individualized rehabilitative care that is
essential to facilitating the patient's return to a
* Selecting optimal stoma sites preoperatively to
promote post-operative independence.
* Providing patient and family education and follow-up
* Identifying and addressing issues that require attention.